India is a developing country, and supporting educational institutions or programs related to education was not always in our five-year plans. it took a very long time for the government to make a decision and include it, tackling problems related to hunger and unemployment. Unfortunately, skilled labor gains importance only if there is a stable number of unskilled labor, thanks to capitalism.
Now that we have finally reached a stage where online education is important, the need for really specialized teachers is exceeding, even on government grounds. The show must go on no matter how difficult the pandemic situation gets!
The required criteria, degrees, and qualifications to become a government teacher are divided into three parts. However, let us first note that PRT TGT and PGT are not those degrees these are simply certain titles that you can utilize with your degree for having a chance in teaching different subjects.
- PRT: Primary teacher
- TGT: Trained graduate teacher
- PGT: Postgraduate teacher
You must have the minimum qualifications of a course as NTT, which is nursery teacher training and score 50% marks in your examination along with a D.Ed. With these, you can be a teacher for classes up to five.
The maximum age requirement is 30 years, with CTET or TET qualification. Because we need teachers to be skilled for online education, there are some extra courses available that can affect their teaching qualities, places where they can get hired, and even raise their pay scale in the existing job.
The pay scale of teachers usually ranges from 9000 to a maximum of 40,000. Note, these are for primary levels only.
You can even visit the CBSE training portal if you are aspiring to look out for something different, they have even switched to providing online education and training for convenience and safety purposes.
Recruitment process of government school teachers
- 10 + 2 education level, which is the basic qualification for primary or elementary or intercollegiate level
- Teacher training course including online education training for presentation scenarios
- CTET/TET Certification
- Recruitment examination, including interviews
Teachers who hold the central eligibility test certification are trained from official CBSE training portals, or the same for offline versions, and can qualify for primary elementary and state-level teachers. They have to go through the examination and interview conducted by recruitment authorities before the final selection of government teachers.
- For primary stage teachers classes 1-5;
Must have a senior secondary degree with at least 50% marks, and has appeared for the two-year diploma which is elementary education. Instead of this, they could also have a four-year degree of bachelor of elementary education, or special education which is another two-year diploma and education as per the norms and procedures of NCTE.
- For elementary stage teachers classes 6 to 8, can also be denoted as middle school teachers;
A 10 + 2 school level certificate, and graduation after appearing for a two-year diploma in elementary education. Or the teachers can have at least 45% marks while passing out from the one-year bachelor in education degree, or special education degree, or senior secondary with not 45 but 50% marks, appearing in the final year of an elementary education bachelors degree. You can go along with a bachelor of arts, science, education, or Bachelor of Arts education and Bachelor of Science education.
These skills are not essentially compulsory for an individual teacher to have, but it is a plus point if the qualifying individuals have these while becoming a government teacher.
- Teaching capabilities: Whether it is the primary level or middle school level teacher since it is the official government form of education they must be flawless in how they deliver content in a classroom. Different teaching styles can be adapted, audio, visual, and a variety of options for special students.
- Communicational skills: Children need to interact not only with the teacher but also with one another. A teacher must have all these communication skills which are eventually followed and picked up by the students in a classroom. This interaction must be fruitful and productive.
- Personal abilities or personality traits: Creativity, practicality, logical reasoning, motivational spirit, and a few other personality traits are great to help out a teacher in their career.