A quadrilateral can be referred to as a trapezium whenever it has sides that are parallel to each other. A trapezium is a derived Greek word that is considered to be the origin of the word trapezium. A trapezoid is a flat shape with four sides, two of which are parallel. The base of a trapezium is made up of sizes that are parallel to one another, while the legs are made up of non-parallel sides. The parallel sides can be arranged vertically, horizontally, or slanted. It is simple to determine the trapezoid’s area.
Definition of a trapezium
Quadrilateral when run in two-dimensional that has a pair of parallel sides which are opposite to each other is known as trapezium. Trapezium’s base can be considered as the parallel sides whereas trapezium legs can be considered as the sides that are not parallel to each other. Trapezium in the general world had four sizes with four corners. There are three types of trapeziums.
- Isosceles trapezium: – isosceles trapezium is a form of the trapezium in which the angles in the legs and the angles in the base are the same.
- Scalene trapezium: –scalene trapezium is a type of trapezium in which neither the angles are the same nor not any sides measure the same.
- Right angle trapezium: –right angle trapezium is a type of trapezium that has to right angle embedded in it.
What are the properties of trapezium?
- Anyone pair of the trapezium are parallel to each other.
- Apart from the isosceles triangle, the sides of the trapezium that are not parallel are unequal.
- The adjacent angle of the trapezium can be added to form a 180 degree
- The summation of all the four interior angles of trapezium always equal to a 360 degree.
- The summation of all the exterior angles of the trapezium also equals to 360 degrees.
- A trapezium can be considered a rectangle if the two opposite sides that a parallel to each other measure the same.
Perimeter of trapezium: The perimeter of the trapezium can be calculated by adding all four sides of the trapezium. For example, if the trapezium has sides named AB, CD, EF, GH. Then the perimeter of the trapezium will be AB+CD+EF+GH
Area of trapezium: The number of units square that can be fitted into the area that gets enclosed by the sides of the trapezium can be used to determine the area of the trapezium. For example, if an 11-unit square of each of 1 cm square can fit into the area of the trapezium then the area of the trapezium becomes 11 cm square. The area of the trapezium is calculated in square units.
The area of the trapezium can be calculated by knowing the measurement of the two parallel sides and the length of the height in other words the distance between the parallel sides. By putting the values of the parallel sides and the height in the following formula one can get the value of the area of a trapezium, Area= ½×(m+n)h, herein and in our measurement of the two parallel sides of the trapezium.
Cuemath’s guidance can be useful if you wish to learn more about the trapezium area. Cuemath employs a cutting-edge teaching style that allows you to grasp the topic with greater clarity and ease. Cuemath can efficiently solve any problem. As a result, if you want to get a decent grade in mathematics, choosing Cuemath can be a wise selection. Cuemath’s specialists are highly qualified individuals who can clearly explain any mathematical concept. It is good to have a prominent knowledge of Trapezium if you want to shine in Mathematics.